21 Jan. 2019 - General
Is your living space driving you around the bend? Got awkward spaces to fill or unusual shapes to work with? Is there a random pillar or irritating partition wall curtailing your space and cramping your style?
4 weeks, 10 global cities, 46 of the world’s most secret and exciting speakeasies, one exceptional trip of a lifetime. Interested?
Timothy Oulton has once again partnered with luxury launches site VeryFirstTo.com, and this time we’re celebrating the modern speakeasy. Seeking out some of the most exclusive and eccentric drinking dens across the world, VeryFirstTo.com has curated the first ever trip visiting the The World’s Most Alluring Secret Bars. Take in the cultural highlights of each city, enjoy privileged access and insights into each bar, experience cabaret and outstanding music performances, and learn how to make the perfect cocktail with classes from the world’s top mixologists. And if that’s not enough to get your mouth watering, on your return home you’ll be greeted by a beautiful secret bar of your own from the Timothy Oulton Hudson collection.
This unprecedented month-long luxurious and captivating tour incorporates 10 cities across the globe famed for their enticing speakeasies as well as various other spectacular bars. Indeed, the names of the bars themselves hint that this will be a tour like no other: Bathtub Gin; Blind Barber; Death & Co; Employees Only; Evans & Peel Detective Agency; Fall From Grace; Happiness Forgets; The Back Room; and The Butcher.
Besides hidden away anonymous doors down dimly lit alleyways, establishments masquerading as shops, buzzers and brass bells, passwords to whisper, and entrances hidden behind sliding bookcases; this ultimate libations voyage includes the following highlights:
– entering an umbrella shop and finding a particular umbrella handle that reveals the hidden world of Foxglove behind the dazzling showcases;
– choosing from a range of around 360 whiskies at Baxter Inn;
– roaming the ground floor of The Croft Institute resembling a science lab populated with an abundance of unusual glass apparatus and where the ladies bathroom is behind a door marked ‘Department of Female Hygiene’;
– sipping drinks at HR Giger deep inside the ultimate in immersive art – ‘a biomechanical environment’ created by famed Alien designer Giger, characterised by stunning evocative chambers formed by enormous vertebrae.
– gaining entry at a hot dog joint through a vintage phone box into the too-cool-for-school speakeasy-style space of PDT;
– attending a movie night where drinks on offer reflect the film at Local Edition located in the bowels of the historic Hearst Building where the walls are covered with vintage newspapers
– sitting in members-only Blue Room within the very space that welcomed the stars of the silver screen including Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Rudolph Valentino and Charlie Chaplin;
– making decisions at Apothéke, a one-time Opium den, where house ‘prescriptions’ are divided into categories including: ‘Health and beauty’, ‘Painkiller’ and ‘Aphrodisiac’.
Tour includes return flights, accommodation and transfers. Price on request.
To find out more visit VeryFirstTo.com