Caring for Cryostone & Carbonstone
Ancient geology is collided with cutting-edge design in this purely natural quartz finish. Quartz, otherwise known as rock crystal, is one of the most primal and richly abundant minerals in the earth’s crust. The finish has been left raw and natural, with no lacquers added, and will therefore age and mark with use.
(Featured on the Geologic coffee table)
This innovative new finish transforms reclaimed shards of quartz into a unique and dramatic new form. It is created during a highly technical process inspired by a volcanic reaction that takes place under the ground in the presence of heat and carbon. The resulting Carbonstone has a translucent, crystallised appearance, with mesmerizing visual depth. The finish has been left raw and natural, with no lacquers added, and will therefore age and mark with use.
(Featured on Polar side tables and Terminus coffee table)
- Clean regularly with a soft cloth and warm water, and a mild soap if desired. Wipe dry.
- Wipe off all spills immediately.
- Protect your furniture by using coasters and placemats to prevent thermal shock, marks, stains and scratches.
- Materials that harden as they dry, such as gum, grease, nail polish or paint, should be removed by gently scraping away the residue material with a blunt plastic scraper. Then clean the surface with a household vinegar/water solution (always follow the manufacturer’s dilution instructions) or with a non-abrasive cleaning pad (such as a white 3M Scotch-Brite®) together with a non-bleach, non-abrasive liquid household cleaner. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry using a clean white paper towel or white cloth.
- Avoid using any acidic or strong alkaline cleaners, or products containing ammonia.
- Avoid exposing to harsh chemicals.
- Permanent markers/inks and some chemicals, solvents or dyes may cause permanent discoloration to the surface. Wipe up stains immediately and rinse with plenty of water. If the stain persists, moisten a cloth with Goo Gone®, or a comparable product, and rub it into the stain. Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any product residue.