Caring for Textiles
Timothy Oulton textiles include a wide palette of upholstery, rugs, cushions and curtains.
From the sumptuous glamour of velvet to the relaxed feel of cool, fresh linen to our signature distressed Union Jack denim, Timothy Oulton textiles offer a luxurious and tactile experience, exquisitely crafted and beautiful to the touch.
Vintage Moleskin is reminiscent of more opulent times, sumptuously soft to the touch with a gorgeous velvety texture. Our signature vintage wash locks in the rich colour for a truly special finish, suited to any form. Vintage Moleskin is 86% cotton and 14% polyester.
Temptingly soft, Siren is a luxurious, shimmering velvet. Gorgeously sumptuous and oozing with glamour. Siren is made from 100% polyester.
Caring for Vintage Moleskin and Siren
- Spot clean using a mild, water-free solvent or dry cleaning product and follow the manufacturer’s directions. Water-based cleaning products may create water stains.
- Always test the cleaning product on an inconspicuous area first.
- A very soft brush (such as a baby’s hairbrush) can be used to brush the nap of the upholstery while cleaning.
- Note, the colour of the upholstery may appear to change depending on the direction of the nap and the angle the product is viewed from.
- For more extensive cleaning consult a professional upholstery cleaner.
Faded & Degraded
The Faded & Degraded velvet collection takes inspiring vintage motifs and collides them with bold abstract patterns for unique, richly layered designs that daringly merge the classic world with vivid contemporary flair. The layers of pattern are printed onto soft velvet, with designs individually prepared to fit each fabric panel in the chair’s cutting patterns. Faded & Degraded is made from 100% polyester.
- Professional cleaning is recommended.
Our 100% hemp Scuff Linen is yarn spun for premium quality and durability. Meticulous attention to detail is found in this range of fabrics which are first pigment dyed then undergo our signature vintage washing to create a truly unique appearance.
- Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent, or mild dry-cleaning solvent. Do not saturate with liquid.
- Cushion covers may be removed and dry cleaned but please note this may alter the colour shade in comparison to the rest of the upholstery.
- Furniture with fixed covers: For extensive cleaning we recommend you consult a professional upholstery cleaner.
- Furniture with slipcovers: The slipcover should be removed and professionally dry-cleaned.
Nimbus Pure Linen
Our cool, crisp Nimbus Pure white linen is tumbled to a super-soft finish for relaxed summery comfort all-year round.
- Remove slipcovers and machine wash separately at a low temperature
- Cool tumble dry
- Warm iron as needed
Whispy linen is washed, rolled and tumbled for a luxuriously soft hand feel and a light, fresh look. A fairly durable, pure 100% linen, treated to give some added protection against water, oil and stains.
- Professional cleaning is recommended, for both spot cleaning and more extensive cleaning.
- Furniture with slipcovers: The slipcover should be removed and professionally dry cleaned.
- Machine wash using delicate cycle in cold water. Use the machine’s shortest cycle and an ordinary bleach-free detergent. Turn the cushion cover inside out before washing.
- Air or line dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Once dry, shake free any loose fur fibres.
- Brush and fluff up the faux fur using a pet care brush with widely spaced metal bristles. Brush and fluff carefully to avoid damaging the backing fabric.
- Cotton cushion covers may be spot cleaned using a sponge dipped in warm water and mild liquid detergent. Air dry. Do not saturate the cushion with water.
- Moleskin cushion covers may be spot cleaned using a mild, water-free solvent. Water-based cleaning products may create water stains.
- Do not machine wash. Remove cushion cover and dry clean.
- Remove dust and dirt monthly using a hand-held vacuum and a brush attachment.
- Spot clean the fabric using a mild, water-free solvent. Water-based cleaning products may create water stains.
- Professionally dry clean.
Carpet-weaving is one of the most distinguished and celebrated expressions of Persian art and culture, dating back to ancient times. Timothy Oulton's Persian rugs are all carefully hand-picked for their exquisite detail and craftsmanship, making these pieces both durable and beautiful.
- Keep your rug out of direct sunlight and moonlight to avoid fading the colours.
- Do not dry clean or machine wash.
- Avoid rubbing or brushing the rug whilst damp.
- Vacuum regularly using the suction head (without rotating brush) or alternatively shake the rug (depending upon size) to remove dust and loose dirt.
- Professional cleaning is recommended.